MEET ZAMBEZI LA
Brittany Schmitt : Creative Manager
Clients: 2K Sports, Champs Sports, TaylorMade-adidas Golf, Ashworth, popchips, Strongbow, Glaceau, Eastbay, WSOP.com, E! Entertainment, Gold Peak Tea
1. Describe Zambezi in 3 words.
Big. Ideas. Win.
2. What qualities are most important in a prospective freelancer?
Be fast, good and passionate. Take your work seriously, but never yourself. We work in an amazing, progressive industry; embrace it, stay educated, move it forward and take pride in everything you do.
3. Which social network do you prefer for stalking people, creative or otherwise?
Well I am undoubtedly addicted to Facebook, but honestly, I don’t stalk anyone who wants to work here. I would never want anyone to judge me based on my social networks before they meet me. I save it for when they get here. Then I like every status/picture/update they ever post and comment on everything like a distant relative who shouldn’t be on Facebook in the first place.
4. What is one thing that creatives do on their portfolio sites that drives you crazy?
Not have their email on their site, like, what am I supposed to do? Shoot up a smoke signal and hope they come running? It’s like online shopping without a checkout. (Read: torture.)
5. What is your creative outlet?
I write. I have a blog and I’m working on a book about how catastrophically hilarious my life has been. I like when my life is going right and takes a hard left, it’s entertaining. So I tell people about it.
6. If you had to have a different job, in your current agency, what would it be?
I honestly love what I do now, but I could see myself writing too.
7. What scene from a movie makes you laugh just thinking about it?
Step Brothers. That whole movie is just the best. “I’m not going to call him dad, EVER! Not even if there’s a fire.”
8. If you were stranded on a desert island, with your computer, what 3 websites would you take with you?
9. Any tips or advice for freelancers?
Call me maybe?
But seriously, at least look at the agency’s website and familiarize yourself with our work before you meet with us. There’s nothing more awkward than asking someone, “What’s your favorite piece of work we’ve produced?” and they can’t name a thing. Total Buzzkillington.
10. What's your favorite thing on the internet this week?
March Madness brackets of course. #gomarquette (watch them lose before this even goes up…)