MEET #2526 JUSTIN MALLER
Illustrator • New York City
WNW Member #2526 Justin Maller is a formidable illustrator who has worked with top brands like Nike, Verizon, Martini, Dolby, Grammys, Coca-Cola, ESPN, Universal Sony Pictures, and the list goes on. We spoke to Justin about how he spends his free time, and when it's the right time to grow a winter beard. Check out Justin's illustrations below.
1. How long have you been freelancing?
8 years full time.
2. Is there a time or place that you feel most creative/have the best ideas?
Ideas - shower. Most creative - exactly 2 hours before I have to stop working for the day :(
3. What's your ideal Working:Not Working ratio?
80% Working - 10% Beach / Forest - 10% Apartment Vegetable
4. Do your parents understand what you do?
I'd like to think they get it at this point.
5. What scene from a movie makes you laugh just thinking about it?
6. If you were stranded on a desert island, with your computer, what 3 websites would you take with you?
7. What do you do when Not Working?
Cook & binge TV with my lady Ting, play with our dog Frank and grunt heroically at the gym.
8. Do you have a hidden talent?
Elite breakfast sammich skillz.
9. Any tips or advice for fellow freelancers?
Don't start growing your winter beard in October - that's too soon. It will peak in late December prior to when it's most needed and will prematurely wear out it's welcome with your face and loved ones. You'll be cold in February. I'm cold.
10. What's your favorite thing on the internet this week?
Definitely this photo of Drake at the NBA All-Star game where he figured he was cool enough to sit with the dunkers, only they froze him out and left him precariously perched on one cheek. Ha!